Skip to content

What is the average cost to update a bathroom?

How Much Does a Bathroom Remodel Cost?

A beautiful bathroom can be a real selling point for your home. But how much does a bathroom remodel cost? According to the most recent data from home-improvement site Angi, the cost of a bathroom remodel typically ranges from $6,000 to $16,000, with a national average of $10,788, or approximately $70 to $275 per square foot. The size of the room and the scope of the project are the two most important factors in the cost of a bathroom update.

A simple refresh, for example, might include new paint, fixtures, and hardware, whereas a more extensive remodel might include reconfiguring the layout, installing new tile, or adding a window. Labor costs will also vary depending on the project’s complexity. It’s best to consult with a certified contractor to get an accurate estimate of how much your update will cost. With their assistance, you can design a beautiful and functional bathroom that is within your budget.

What Affects the Cost of a Bathroom Remodel?

The size of your bathroom is one of the most important factors in determining the cost of your remodel. If you have a large bathroom, you may want to consider adding additional features or upgrading existing ones. For example, you might want to add a spa-like bathtub or shower. If you have a small bathroom, you may need to scale back your plans accordingly. In general, the larger the room is, the more expensive it will be to remodel.

The scope of your remodeling project will also affect its cost. A simple refresh might only require painting and new fixtures, while a more extensive remodel could involve reconfiguring the layout, tile work, and even adding new windows. You’ll need to factor in both materials and labor when estimating the cost of your project. Materials generally account for around 30% of the total cost while labor makes up the remaining 70%.

A bathroom remodel is a great way to increase both the value and appeal of your home. When planning your budget for your project, be sure to factor in both materials and labor costs. The size and scope of your project will also play a role in its overall cost. To get an accurate estimate for your specific situation, it’s best to consult with a certified contractor who can help you design a beautiful and functional bathroom that is within your budget constraints.