Do you start with a new countertop or backsplash?
If you’re remodeling your kitchen, one of the first decisions you’ll have to make is whether to replace the countertop or the backsplash first. When making this decision, there are several factors to consider, including budget, style, and functionality.
It can be expensive to replace both the countertop and the backsplash. If you’re on a tight budget, you may have to choose between the two.
The style of your kitchen will influence which elements you replace first. If you want a completely different look, it is best to replace both the countertop and the backsplash. However, if you like the overall look of your kitchen and just want to change the color or material, replacing the backsplash may be all that is required.
Functionality is another important factor to consider. If your countertop is damaged or outdated, it may be necessary to replace it before installing the backsplash. If you want to update the look of your kitchen without changing its function, replacing the backsplash is a good place to start.
First Reasons to Install a Countertop
If you’re remodeling your kitchen, you might be wondering whether to replace the countertop or the backsplash first. Here are a few reasons why you should install a new countertop first:
1. You’ll get a better sense of how the kitchen looks overall.
2. Matching the countertop to the cabinets and flooring is easier than matching the backsplash.
3. You can save time and money by cutting the new countertop using the old one as a template.
4. If you’re replacing both the countertop and the backsplash, it’s best to start with the countertop so you don’t damage the new backsplash while installing it.
The Benefits of Using a Backsplash First
If your kitchen or bathroom is in desperate need of a facelift, you may be debating whether to begin with the countertop or the backsplash. Though both elements contribute significantly to the overall appearance and feel of your space, there are a few reasons why installing a backsplash first may be the best option.
1. A backsplash can help keep spills and splatters off your walls.
2. Installing a backsplash is typically faster and less difficult than replacing a countertop.
3. You can use your new backsplash to help you design the rest of your kitchen or bathroom.
4. A backsplash can increase the value of your home if you decide to sell it.
5. A fashionable backsplash can make your kitchen or bathroom stand out from the crowd.